This enhanced coverage concealable vest provides front, back and side protection to the body of the user. These protective qualities combined with a low weight material, which combines a high level of comfort and mobility to the user, have made this Body Armour Vest perfect for concealable protection.
Various NIJ Standard Levels of Protection available including:
- NIJ Level IIA – designed to stop .357 Sig FMJ FN bullets travelling at a velocity of around 1470 ft/second and .44 Magnum SJHP rounds at a velocity of 1430 ft/second. Most commonly soft armour.
- NIJ Level III – these ballistic body armour (hard armour) plates are designed to stop 6 spaced hits of 7.62 x 51 mm NATO FMJ bullets at a velocity of around 2780 ft/second, similar style ammunition to the .308 Winchester rounds, often used in hunting.
- NIJ Level IV – ballistic plates, highest rated under NIJ 101.06 Standards. Tested to beat 7.62mm armour piercing bullets, travelling at a velocity of 2880 ft/second. Only tested to stop 1 shot compared to 6 shots stopped by the NIJ Level III ballistic plates.
Main Features of the NIJ Ballistic Resistance Standard Body Armour Covert Vest:
- Inner spacer (mesh) fabric providing ventilation, allowing ultimate sweat control and comfort to the user
- Two fixed adjustment straps on the shoulder, with elastic adjustment straps on both sides of the body to provide a firm and comfortable fit at all times
- Easy care, dry-cleanable polyamide or polyester outer shell
- Sides overlapping of the ballistic panels
- Removable ballistic panels
- Zipped opening on the outer shell of the body armour vest allowing easy removal/insertion of the ballistic panels
- Comprehensive protection – ballistic, stab and fragmentation protection in one vest to NIJ Ballistic Resistance Standards
- NIJ Levels IIIA, III and IV available – please see the chart below and the information above to find out more about these differing ballistic protection levels
- Protection levels unaffected by moisture
- Designed for optimum comfort and mobility for long period
- Vest design allows for comfortable sitting and car driving
- Spacer fabric lining allows air circulation and sweat control
- Blunt trauma injuries minimised
- Shoulder and waist adjustable straps for a close tailored fit
- Easy to remove internal panels for cleaning and replacing covers
- Easy care and dry-cleanable outer shell
- Available in Sizes from XS -5XL
- Weight approx.
- Colour – White